Market Entry into North Africa - HSE Management Consultancy for NOC
In 2011, a National Oil Company was entering a new market in North Africa and required support to establish their team quickly in-country safely and in compliance with local legislation. They needed highly experienced technical professionals to be seconded to build, develop and manage all HSE requirements and services.
We provided multilingual expatriate professionals with over twenty-five years' experience in delivering and managing HSE services for multinational oil companies, particularly within the North Africa region. Stirling Group’s comprehensive administrative support, expert network, extensive infrastructure and a wealth of collective experience allowed our consultants to deliver the projects within sensitive security environments.
The solutions offered included:
- Design and implementation of in-country HSE policy and procedures
- Business model development to provide HSE services for external clients
- Identify key recruits familiar with the market to ensure appropriate employment and aware of local requirements
- Defensive driver training, health and safety training, and security awareness training to internal staff
- Safe journey management services for all in-country road moves for internal staff and visiting expatriate staff
- Safety consultations and recommendations for all staff whilst in country
- Development, refinement and practice of emergency response, crisis management, emergency evacuation and contingency plans
- All associated administrative action including payroll, insurance, medical, training, visa, accommodation and coordination of logistics was undertaken by Stirling Group.
Stirling Group has applied this HSE Management Consultancy model in other countries including Algeria, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, KSA, Mauritania, Somaliland and Yemen.