HSE Management and Liaison Personnel
Since 1993, major IOCs and service companies wishing to work in Algeria have required an essential third party to liaise between themselves and Algerian security forces, administrative and legislative officials, and local tribes and communities. To date, we ensure that our clients have around the clock access to, and safety within, their areas of operation in Algeria.
We created this liaison and consultancy role in close collaboration with our first clients in Algeria during the early years of the civil unrest. We provided multi-skilled, multilingual, and medically qualified professionals across the country who drew on our wealth of experience and local insight to ensure compliance, security and clear communications across multiple projects. Our team members have over ten years’ operational experience in Algeria, and this longevity of staff retention underpins our strong relationships with our clients and operational consistency.
While our liaison function varies with project phases and locational threat levels, it typically includes:
- Market entry planning
- Security risk analysis and risk monitoring
- Weekly and ad hoc briefings to clients' country management teams
- Health, Safety, and Environment consultancy
- Daily interface with local security forces and other local stakeholders on the client's behalf
- Safe Journey Management and driver training services to reduce occupational road risk
- Security training of staff in the event of an incident, including lockdown exercises
- Crisis management and contingency planning
- Medical training and medical evacuation services
- Turn key legislative and administrative support to ensure compliance with employment, tax, and legislative requirements for expatriates working in Algeria
- All processes are carried out through our joint venture with RedMed Group, namely Algerian Facilities Management Company (AFMC)
We have subsequently provided similar long-term solutions in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Yemen, Libya and Mauritania.