Establishment of a high potential Assessment & Development Centre, UAE
The Centre of Excellence (CoE) for the General Secretariat to The Executive Council (GSEC) identified a requirement to assess the leadership performance of a number of its selected Executive Directors, and to create an assessment for continuing use. Having worked closely with GSEC and the CoE for two years, they selected HRD as their partner based on their proven experience of delivering leadership assessment to Emiratis and adhering to challenging timelines. This project started in 2011 and is ongoing, with 2700 Emirati nationals assessed to-date.
Working closely with the Centre of Excellence, we designed a bespoke assessment process that included personality profiling, abilities tests, business simulation assessment, competency based interviews, one to one feedback and full individual and organisational reports. We then handed over all of the assessment centre materials to the Centre of Excellence to be used for future assessments. The project included:
- Internal consultancy to design the full assessment process and scoring system aligned with the current competency framework
- Design and delivery of Assessment and Development Centre in both Arabic and English which included; cognitive ability testing, personality profiling, behavioural observation of numerous tasks and business simulations (including, one-to-one role plays, information collection and strategy formation, presentations and group discussions/debates)
- Project delivery by a team of bilingual Occupational Psychologists and highly experienced assessment and development staff
- Provision of written and verbal feedback for delegates, highlighting strengths, development areas
- Production of a full organisational report and presentation, detailing the assessment outcomes and recommendations for each person