Leadership Assessment of Ministry of Health employees, UAE
Between July 2009 and February 2010, the UAE Ministry of Health required a comprehensive assessment of the leadership capabilities and potential of 650 of their employees, including their most senior leaders. The purpose of the assessment was to identify high performers within the organisation, to ensure that the right people were doing the right jobs and to create succession plans for the future.
Stirling Group’s Human Resource Development team designed and delivered two comprehensive, six week assessment programmes to consider the leadership skills and potential of employees. The final results mapped individual, group and organisational performance against a robust competency framework, designed specifically for the Ministry of Health, allowing it to identify leadership strengths and weaknesses. The programme was set out for 150 senior leaders, 500 middle managers and administrative staff, and included:
- Creation of a bespoke leadership competency framework for the Ministry of Health, devised from internal and external research and data collection.
- Design and delivery of two different assessment centres which included; English and IT skills testing, cognitive ability testing, behavioural observation, competency based interviews and personality profiling.
- Individual written and verbal feedback for every participant, highlighting strengths, development areas and leadership style preferences
- Production of individual reports and Personal Development Plans for every participant
- Delivery of Development Workshops and planning workshops for all senior leaders
- Production of a comprehensive organisational report including:
- Identification of: strengths and development areas for the entire organisation ‘top performers’ within the organisation performance trends and patterns across the organisation specific recommendations for future training and development at all levels recommendations for succession planning and talent management