Leadership Development for Local Nationals UAE
In 2008, the Abu Dhabi Civil Service Centre of Excellence was in the middle of a major restructuring programme aimed at helping the Abu Dhabi Government achieve “World Class” status. They launched a National Programme for Leadership Development and contracted HRD to provide a leadership assessment and development programme for 2500 Emirati Nationals. This is an ongoing project.
Solution & Services
Over 43 weeks, we designed and delivered comprehensive behavioural assessment and development programmes, all set against the GSEC competency framework. The work involved:
- Consultation with key stakeholders to identify full project requirements
- Design and delivery of Assessment and Development Centre which included; English and IT skills testing, cognitive ability testing, behavioural observation through active and unique leadership tasks, personality profiling
- Design and delivery of interactive leadership development workshops and activities based on the 10 competencies identified by GSEC
- One-on-one developmental feedback for each candidate to highlight strengths, development areas, and provide support to create action points for the future based on goal setting theory
- Detailed individual development reports for each candidate based on performance
- Project delivery by a team of Occupational Psychologists, leadership experts and bi-lingual facilitators
- Detailed analytical data to the client to determine individual performance against collective group performance, for career and succession planning
- Design, build, operate and maintain a purpose built desert camp in Al Ain
- Ability to accommodate 50 candidates per week in single occupancy, en-suite accommodation
Candidate feedback forms suggest 94% are “Highly Satisfied” with HRD’s delivery. The remaining 6% are “Satisfied”.