Development of an Emiratisation Succession Planning and Career Development Strategy, UAE
Etihad Rail is responsible for constructing the main railway line linking the key commercial, industrial and population centres of the UAE and plays a central role in connecting geographically disparate people of not just the UAE but also the wider GCC. This construction of a main railway plays a critical part in diversifying the UAE economy in line with the UAE Vision 2021 and Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030. Diversifying and meeting the strategic goals of Etihad Rail, together with Emiratisation targets, requires Etihad Rail to assess, ready and develop its people. To that end, in April 2014 Etihad Rail contracted HRD to work in partnership with their Learning and Development department with the implementation of an Emiratisation, Succession Planning and Career Development Strategy and Plan.
We embedded a dedicated project team, in Etihad Rail’s offices for the duration of the project ensuring a service that exceeds Etihad Rails requirement. We provided:
- Organisational analysis to determine people requirements at a strategic level
- Drafting the Emiratisation, Succession Planning and career development strategy and plan to cover the complete employee life cycle and to include all relevant templates and collateral
- Review of existing competency frameworks and the development of additional ones
- Developing competency– based assessments at technical (including railway specific) and behavioural levels
- Training of ER personnel to carry out technical skills assessments